During every tax season, your stakeholders need to present holding confirmations to the authorities. You can generate and share them directly in Ledgy.
There are a couple of ways you can share holding confirmations. This article will show you the quickest one first, and all the rest are explained at the bottom.
If you instead want to learn what is shown in holding confirmations, go to this article.
1. Create and share holding confirmations
- Go to the Stakeholders page and click on Generate holding confirmations
- Select the date on which the cap table should be evaluated.
- Click on Create and share
- Ledgy will ask you for your password, to make sure you're aware of the desired action.
Once you click Create and share, holding confirmations will be generated and shared with the stakeholders. The stakeholders will receive an email either to alert them of the holding confirmation or to ask them to sign up so that they can see the holding confirmation.
2. All holding confirmations are stored in the Data room
- Go to Documents > Data room and then select Holding confirmations
- You will see all the holding confirmations you generated as well as who they are shared with.
- You can Download, Edit, change the Sharing settings or Delete the holding confirmations, by clicking on the 3 dots on the far right of the row.
3. Employees can download the holding confirmation directly from their employee dashboard
Employees who have already signed up on Ledgy will receive an email with the link to the holding confirmations. They will be able to access their holding confirmation by clicking on the link.
Employees, who have not signed up for Ledgy, will first receive an invitation link and then an email with the holding confirmation link.
4. Investors can download the holding confirmations directly from their portfolio dashboard
Investors who have already signed up on Ledgy will receive an email with the link to the holding confirmations. They will be able to access their holding confirmation by clicking on the link.
Investors, who have not signed up for Ledgy, will first receive an invitation link and then an email with the holding confirmation link.
5. An example of the holding confirmation
If you open the holding confirmation with Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can see that it has a valid digital seal by Ledgy. This signature means that you can know with certainty that this document was created on Ledgy and not an unknown source and that it has not been modified since.
Note: You can remove the Ledgy branding by upgrading to our Enterprise plan.
6. Other ways you can share the holding confirmations
- Stakeholders page > Generate holding confirmations > Download only
This will generate and download the documents to your computer. Then you can distribute them in whichever way you prefer.
- Specific holding confirmations
On the Stakeholders page, select the stakeholder, click on the 3 dots on the right and download the holding confirmation.