Templating workflow automation is included in the Scale plan. It allows you to automatically fill in your document templates with the variables for the corresponding transactions on Ledgy.
Workflow automation is available for option, phantom, stock, or warrant grants, exercising, and share certificates. Document templates must be in Word.docx format, learn more in our comprehensive guide to each type of document.
Workflow automation does the following things:
- Fills the template document with the variables of the transaction and the stakeholder concerned.
- Converts the resulting document to pdf.
- Attaches the document to the transaction.
How it works
- Create a template out of your existing word document or make a brand new one with variables on Ledgy. All variables for templating can be found here.
- Upload the template(s)
- Upload and select the template when adding the relevant transaction (plan, grant, share issuance or exercise).
- You can also upload templates and other documents in Documents > Data Room. When adding a plan or a grant, you will then be able to link the templates under Templates and Signature Workflows.
3. You can start the automated workflow in 3 ways:
a. When creating the transaction (plan, grant, share issuance, exercise), you can trigger the automated workflows by clicking on Document templating and signature workflow and then turning on the toggle for Create transaction documents from templates and uploading or selecting the document to be used for templating.
b. Once the transaction is already created, and the document for templating selected (either in the corresponding grant or plan) click on the three dot menu on the right-hand side and select Create document from Template.
c. When creating or editing the plan and filling in the presets for documents to be created from the template. For more on presets, read this help article.
The resulting filled in document will then be attached to the transaction. It can also be found in the Data Room. Once the document is created, a signature request can be made and fulfilled on Ledgy, then the signed document automatically replaces the document attached to the transaction. Learn more about signature workflows.
This is a general description of workflow automation, to see how to create, attach, automatically fill documents for each different type of transaction (grant, share issuance, exercise), click here under Templating.