Ledgy integrates with BambooHR and Personio. Users of these HR management platforms can easily import and adjust their stakeholder data with a couple of clicks.
Jump toPreparing your account for integration
Preparing your account for integration
- API Keys are associated to a specific user and has the same access levels and permissions as the user who created them. For additional level of security, we advise you to create a "Non-Employee User" in your BambooHR account with "Custom Access Level" that allows them to view, but not edit or add new data. If you want to, you can skip this step and proceed to step 2.
- Log in to BambooHR as an administrator
- Go to Settings > Access Levels and click on the + next to "Levels" tab
- Select Custom Access Levels. Create a name for your Access Level (for example Ledgy Access), and follow the steps to select what the user can see or edit
- Select "Ledgy Access" and click on the Settings icon in the top right corner under the "Ledgy Access" title
- Click Add a Non-Employee BambooHR User, and enter name (such as Jane Doe Access) and email you have access to. You will receive a mail to set up your password. Once you do, log into account you have created and proceed to step 2.
Retrieve the web domain of your BambooHR account by going to Settings > Account > Account Info. Your web domain is written under "Your BambooHR URL."
To find your API key, click on your name in the upper right corner > API Keys. Click Add New Key, and name it any way you like (for example Ledgy). Proceed by selecting Generate Key button > Copy Key > Done.Note: BambooHR integration will allow you to sync employee data only if the employee has a start/hire date.
Retrieve your client ID and client secret by going to Settings > API. Clicking on Generate new credentials > Create will download a file with your client ID and client secret.
Next to the Credentials tab, click on the Access tab. From there, edit and select the fields you wish to sync.
Connecting Ledgy with your HR management platform
Go to Company settings > General
Click Connect under HR System Integration section
Select your HR management platform from the HR system dropdown menu
Enter data from your HR system to specified fields and click Save
In Company settings > General tab, under the HR System Integration section click on Configure
Choose fields you wish to import, and map them to Ledgy fields
- Click on Sync if to only import stakeholders with a certain value in a specific field
Note: Sync if supports fields that have 10 or less different input values.
Confirm by clicking Save
Adding or editing stakeholders
Go to Company settings > General
Clicking the Sync now button under the HR System Integration section will initiate a window with a preview of stakeholders to be added or updated
Note: Ledgy matches the stakeholders by their unique identifier and by their name, or only by their name if the identifier is not provided.
Select the wanted name format for new stakeholders
Confirm the changes by clicking Sync now within the window
Note: Ledgy might ask for your password to approve these changes.
Removing a stakeholder
Integration with an HR system is mainly designed to facilitate adding and updating the stakeholders' data. As such, for now, if an employee is terminated on your HR management platform, Ledgy does not retrieve this information and will sync the employee as if they were still employed.
How does Ledgy match existing stakeholders with employees from the HR management platform?
Ledgy matches the stakeholders by their unique identifier and by their name, or only by their name if the identifier is not provided.
What happens when an employee is terminated on your HR management platform?
When syncing, you can use the field "Sync if" to filter employees that have been terminated to prevent import of employees that have been terminated. If the employee is already a stakeholder in Ledgy, you will need to manually move the stakeholder to a group of your choice (such as "Alumni").