Ledgy integrates with several major HR Information Systems. Users of these HR management platforms can easily import and adjust their stakeholder data with a couple of clicks.
Jump toPreparing your account for integration
Preparing your account for integration
Step 0 for extra security (if you'd like, you may skip this step and proceed to step 1):
An API Key is associated with a specific user and it has the same access levels and permissions as the user who created it (e.g. if you create an API key as an Admin, the API key will have an Admin access level). As such, for an additional level of security, we advise creating a new "Non-Employee User" within your BambooHR account with a "Custom Access Level" that allows to view, but not to edit or add new data. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to BambooHR as an administrator
- Go to Settings > Access Levels
- Click on the + button next to "Levels" > Custom Access Level
- Add an Access Level Name, e.g. "Ledgy Access", and click on Next Step
- Select what people with this access level can do (for the sync no field needs to be selected), click on Next Step, and select what people with this access level can see
- Once done, click Save & Finish → you'll be redirected to the access levels settings page
- Click on the custom level created ("Ledgy Access") and click on the Settings icon on the top right corner > Add a Non-Employee BambooHR User
- Enter a name (e.g. First Name: "Ledgy" and Last Name: "API User"), an email you have access to (different from your BambooHR account email), select the created custom access level ("Ledgy Access"), and click Save
- You will receive an email to set up your password. Once you do, log in to BambooHR using the newly created account and proceed to step 2
On your BambooHR account:
Retrieve the web domain of your BambooHR account by going to Settings > Account > Account Info. Your web domain is written under "Your BambooHR URL."
To find your API key, click on your initials in the upper right corner > API Keys. Click on Add New Key, and name the API key (for example "Ledgy"). Then click on Generate Key > Copy Key > DoneNote: BambooHR integration will allow you to sync employee data only if the employee has a start/hire date.
On your Personio account:
Retrieve your client ID and client secret by going to Settings > API
Click on Generate new credentials > Create, this will download a file with your client ID and client secret
- Next to the Credentials tab, click on the Access tab. From there, you may select and edit the fields you wish to sync
On your Hibob account:
- Retrieve your Hibob token by clicking on your initials on the top right corner > API access
- On the API Access window, select the desired Approved scopes (recommended scopes: "Full employee read" and "Employee fields read") and click Save
- Lastly, click on the COPY TOKEN button
On your Humaans account:
- Generate your Humaans API access token by clicking on your name on the top left corner > API access tokens
- Click on Generate new token, label the API access token (for example "Ledgy"), select the desired Scopes (recommended scopes: "View public and private data"), and click Create access token
- Lastly, click on the Click to copy button
On your Lucca account:
- Generate your Lucca API key by clicking on the Cogwheel on the top right corner > Authentication, SSO and API > API Keys
- Click on Generate API key to customize the name of the key and to select the permissions you wish to associate to this key. Manage users should be selected
- Lastly, click on the Copy Key button
Connecting Ledgy with your HR management platform
Go to Company settings > General
Click Connect under the HR System Integration section
Select your HR management platform from the HR system dropdown menu
Enter the data from your HR system on the specified fields and click Save
In the Company settings > General tab, under the HR System Integration section, click on Configure
Choose fields you wish to import and map them to Ledgy's fields
- At the bottom of the window, you may add a "sync if" condition to specify which employees should be synced to Ledgy (e.g. Sync if "Employment contract" = "Full time")
Confirm by clicking Save
Adding or editing stakeholders
Go to Company settings > General
Under the HR System Integration section, click on the Sync now button
On the "Sync data from HR system" window, you may preview the stakeholders that will be created or edited on Ledgy
Note: Ledgy matches the stakeholders by their unique identifier and by their name. If the identifier is not present on Ledgy, then the stakeholders will be matched solely by their name
Select the desired name format for the new stakeholders
Proceed by clicking Sync now
Note: Ledgy might ask for your password to approve these changes.
Integration with an HR system is mainly designed to facilitate the syncing and keeping of the stakeholders' emails and addresses updated. As such, for now, if an employee is terminated on your HR management platform, Ledgy does not automatically retrieve this information, and thus, unless specified otherwise (see FAQ below), Ledgy will prompt to create/sync these employees.
To remove a stakeholder from Ledgy, please refer to the Deleting stakeholders article.
How does Ledgy match existing stakeholders with employees from the HR management platform?
Ledgy matches the stakeholders by their unique identifier and by their name, or only by their name if the identifier is not provided.
What happens when an employee is terminated on the HR management platform?
When syncing Ledgy with your HR management platform, terminated employees are not automatically recognized as terminated by Ledgy, and thus, if not specified otherwise, Ledgy will prompt to create or update them.
There are different options to manage the terminated employees:
- Add a "sync if" condition such as sync if "status" = "active" → this will exclude the inactive/terminated employees from the sync. However, this will not automatically delete the terminated stakeholders from Ledgy if they had already been previously created (learn more about deleting stakeholders or revoking portfolio access)
- Sync the terminated employees to Ledgy, and assign them to a stakeholder group such as "Ex-employee" or "Alumni"
- Delete the terminated employees from your HR management platform → this will prevent the terminated stakeholders from being created or synced in the future. However, this will not automatically delete the stakeholders from Ledgy if they had already been previously created (learn more about deleting stakeholders or revoking portfolio access